In 2011, I was struck with extreme pain. After a year or more of visiting doctors and many tests, I was finally able to learn to manage my pain. I wrote a series of posts about my journey with chronic pain on my family blog in 2015.
Now I have decided to update those posts and maybe add more information. May 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, plus, there are many other pain awareness days in May, so we will kick this off and get the ball rolling.
Finally, since my health slows me down at times, I am uncertain how often I will add to this page. But I will do my best to at least add a post every Friday.
My Journey with Chronic Pain.
Table of Contents
- Introduction – Learning to be still
- Embarking on a Chronic Life
- Suddenly Still
- First Signs of Fibromyalgia
- Bouncing from Doctor to Doctor
- My Experience at Mayo Clinic
- Medications and Good Tips for Fibromyalgia
- Is there a Cure?
- Pain & Trials – It’s All Relative
- Waiting Patiently for a Diagnosis
- Celebrate His Promises
- How I Found Refuge Through Chronic Pain
- Laughter Really is the Best Medicine
- Knee Problems
- What’s the Difference Between Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Learning to Speak Life Through My Pain
- Pros and Cons of Prednisone
- Chronic Pain May Obliterate your Dignity
- Chronic Pain Fatigue Could End Your Life as you know it.
Current or New Issues
- June 2021 – Acquired a Neuroma of the Foot
- July 2021 Bones Scan Finds Osteoporosis
Do you have a question to ask about my illness?
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about my illness. It may give me direction in what I should write about. Just put your question(s) in the comment section below. Thanks