This Movie Stirred My Soul
I just finished watching a movie, The Same Kind of Different as Me. I had to come to tell you about it immediately while my heart was still moved. This movie is based on the true story of an international art dealer who cheated on his wife. His wife forgave him but for penance, she required him to come with her and serve at a local homeless shelter. She dreams of an angry homeless man that is very wise. Low and behold he showed up at the shelter. Deborah tells her husband to befriend him. It took time and several tries but he finally makes friends with him and the story begins. I don’t want to spoil the story so I will stop there.
I will say that the homeless man taught me two things I hope to not forget:
- We are all homeless, just looking for the way Home. Everyone has a past we are not proud of and we are homeless because this world is not our home. We need to look beyond what we see (race, status, education) and realize that God is the only way home. We are all the same kind of different and we need to come together to help each other make it home.
- Some people need to have the “hell” loved out of them. Sometimes, we must look deep, really deep to find the good in people. But it is there. We can’t give up on them. Keep loving them until they find the God that loves them.
Watch the Trailer
Same Kind of Different Touches all Emotions
This film will have you learning, laughing, crying, and finally, searching your own attitudes of the heart. Check out the 4-day devotional plan available on YouVersion.
We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you spiritual encouragement and other favorite product reviews. Thank you.
At the time of this writing, rent it for $2.99. However, Sign up for a trial month on Amazon Video membership for only $3
Same Kind of Different is based on the book written by the actual people that experienced this God Story. It has some great actors like Jon Voight, Greg Kinnear, and Renne’ Zellweger. You will also love a beautiful song by Brad Paisley, Stubborn Angels.
Brad Paisley’s Stubborn Angel
True Story Told by Those who Experienced it.
If you are more of a book reader than a moviegoer, you can pick the book up in hardcover, softcover, Kindle, audiobook or CD MP3. There’s is even a children’s version to help you teach your children about kindness.This movie stirred my soul. #samekindofdifferent Click To Tweet
Similar Posts by Author:
- 8 Christmas Movies You May Have Missed
- Pixar’s Movie Coco – Review & Biblical Lessons
- Eight Favorite Christmas Books You Need in Your Home
- Book Review: The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan
- Four Ways to Support Grieving Friends
Writer/Speaker sharing about how to make it through anything. I married a pastor with two boys who just lost their mom, I homeschooled my own children, led children’s ministries and women’s ministries in the church, and founded and led a homeschool support group. Had to give up much of this due to chronic pain. Like the Insurance, I know a lot because I’ve seen a lot.