It’s Friday! It’s Sunday! Time for the Five Minute Friday Writing Challenge. 🙂
Time to write for five minutes on a prompt.
Click on the image to see what bloggers came up with.
The Prompt is Purpose.
“He kicked me on purpose!”
As a preschooler, my son often said these words or words like them coming off the soccer field. He didn’t seem to understand that when playing soccer, you are bound to get kicked in the shins occasionally. The players are not trying to kick you on purpose, but rather they are trying to kick the ball away from you. Sometimes, that results in getting kicked in the shins.
Some of us have never learned this simple lesson:
In this life, you will have trouble. Once in a while, you are going to get kicked in the shins.
The Bible says “In this life, you will have trouble…” (John 16:33) We live in a fallen world, full of sin at every turn. God allows each of us to make our own choices.
- Many people are out only for themselves. But their choices affect the lives of others.
- It may be that a person is reacting to their own demise. Possibly they just got kicked. Maybe they are sick or grieving causing them to react to life negatively.
- Other times it is merely an accident, such as in a soccer game.
But regardless of the “why” behind our injury, the question should really be, “How do we respond?”
The answer is to respond “with a purpose”.
In other words, make a plan to respond positively when you get kicked in the shins.
And then follow through with it.
Christ had a purpose.
His purpose was to treat others with humility and love. We are instructed to treat others as we would want to be treated. We should have the same attitude as Christ. His purpose was to bring all people to Him. (see Philippians 2 and Matthew 7:12).
What is your purpose?
- Do you think of yourself as better than others?
- Do you care only about your own interests?
In Conclusion, let’s follow the Apostle Paul’s instruction:
“Work hard to show the results of our salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.” Philippians 2:12
Similar Posts by Author:
- What’s a Christian to Say When, pt3
- What Has True Value in this Life
- Discover the Meaning in Life
- Loved or Unloved – That is the Question
- We Are Called to Be Different
Writer/Speaker sharing about how to make it through anything. I married a pastor with two boys who just lost their mom, I homeschooled my own children, led children’s ministries and women’s ministries in the church, and founded and led a homeschool support group. Had to give up much of this due to chronic pain. Like the Insurance, I know a lot because I’ve seen a lot.