What things do you do intentionally in your life? Things that are set as part of your day or week that become part of who you are? Intentional is my ONEWORD for 2022. I kept coming across scriptures that seemed that the person was making a statement about something they wanted to be an intentional part of their life. Many of these scriptures begin with “But as for me…”.
Since I am trying to be intentional about getting some devotions published, I thought I would allow guest writers to come and share their thoughts on some selected verses. If you would like to guest write for me sometime this year, please contact me. In the meantime, here are some guidelines to get you started.
- Word Count 800-1000 words. (flexible)
- Your submission must be original; meaning it has not been published anywhere else. Possibly, you wrote about this topic but can write a similar post.
- I welcome “personal images only” that you would like to use.
- Submissions will be due at least two weeks before agreed upon publishing date in Word or Google Docs.
- We will add you as a contributor to our WordPress blog so that you will get notified about comments. We would love for you to reply to comments.
- Send your submission to email@example.com in a WORD document or Google docs. Be sure to put INTENTIONAL GUEST POST [topic} in the subject line.
- This is a faith-based blog. Please, no cussing or derogatory speech.
Please include in your submission a personal photo, a short bio, your own blog URL, and any social media you would like to include such as Twitter or Facebook. If you have a personal signature image, send it along too.
We also reserve the right to decline to publish any submission that does suit our purposes. Your submission gives us permission to edit for length, grammatical errors, and other things we feel necessary.
Finally, for SEO purposes, all published submissions become the property of Mandy and Michele. Guest posts MUST NOT be republished on your blog unless dramatically changed. We do encourage you to promote your post on social media and/or an introductory blog post on your own blog.
Here’s an example of an introductory post that leads to our blog. Living Our Days
Here’s an example of a scriptural devotion by a guest writer MESSENGER OF GOD – JEREMIAH, ME, YOU – guest post (mandyandmichele.com)
Selected Scriptures on the Theme
- March ~ Here I am in Your Hands ~ Jeremiah 26:14 ~ Deborah Rutherford
- April ~ World Health ~ Like an Olive Tree ~ Psalm 52:8 ~ Terri S
- April ~ I Will Boast Only in Christ ~ Galatians 6:14 ~ Mandy
- May ~ FIbro Month~ My Prayer For You is Favor Psalm 69:13 ~ Mandy
- May ~ Fibro Month ~ As for me, Poor & in Pain ~ Psalm 69:29 ~ Mandy
- June ~ Pentecost ~ I am FIlled with the Power of the Lord ~ Micah 3:8 ~ OPEN
- July ~ Kandy Chimento
- August ~ Barb Hegreburg
- September ~ Chronic Pain Month ~ I’ll Not Stop Praying ~ 1 Samuel 12:23 ~ Bettie Gilbert
- September ~ Chronic Pain Month ~ I Will Sing of His Strength ~ Psalm 59:16
- October – I have Made God My Refuge ~ Psalm 73:28 ~ Patti Burkett
- November ~ I WIll Sacrifice to You w/Thanksgiving ~ Jonah 2:9 ~ OPEN
- December ~ OPEN
Possible scriptures available
|Psalm 75:9 As for me, I will tell about Him forever; I will sing praise to the God of Judah|
|Psalm 49:15 But as for me, God will redeem my life. He will snatch me from the power of the grave. NLT|
|Psalm 5:7 But as for me, I will enter Your house, at Your holy temple, I will bow in reverence to you. NASB|
|Psalm 73:28 But as for me, my feet almost slipped; my steps nearly went astray|
|Psalm 55:16 As for Me, I shall Call upon God, And the Lord will save me.|
|Psalm 115:18 But as for me, we will bless the Lord from this time forth and forever.|
|Psalm 26:11 But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity. Redeem me and be gracious to me.|
|Genesis 24:27 As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey (Abraham’s servant searching for a wife for Isaac.)|
|Psalm 59:16 But as for me, I shall sing of your strength; … You have been my stronghold and refuge in my distress|
|Philippians 1:20-21 For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain|
There are occasional openings for other thematic verses. If you have another suggestion, please contact me and we’ll talk about it. You will notice that some months have chronic pain themes. I prefer these posts to be written by and to Chronic Pain Warriors. Some verses can be moved to a different open month if it works better with your schedule.
You can go to this google doc and claim a post by replacing the OPEN with your name. Thank you for considering an intentional post. I look forward to hearing from you!
Contact Mandy Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org