Recognizing spiritual attack isn’t often talked about in some denominations. This is very unfortunate. It leaves Christians wide open to being invisibly destroyed. Satan’s number one plan is to destroy you. He will attempt to mess with anything and everything in your life and when he finds a weak spot within you, he exploits it as best he can.
So how can we stop this assault? We need to first recognize how we are being attacked. Just like going to the doctor with your symptoms of why you’re not feeling well, we have spiritual symptoms of not feeling well.
- Is there an increase in a lack of time spent with the Lord in prayer? In scripture reading, and meditating on the word?
- Does it feel as though your prayer life seems “stalled”, like you are not reaching God like you once did before?
- Does your sense of purpose, inward passion and vision grown dull?
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS CONSIDER YOURSELF ON CODE RED! You are under spiritual attack and MUST, MUST do something immediately.These Symptoms are a spiritual CODE RED #spiritualwarfare Click To Tweet
Simply praying in your head WILL NOT WORK.
As God spoke things of this earth into existence YOU ALSO must speak out loud to your attacker.
- CALL OUT LOUD and COMMAND the enemy to leave you! Your words are keys to opening and closing of spiritual doors. Here is an example: “IN THE NAME OF JESUS I COMMAND THIS SPIRITUAL ATTACK TO BE BROKEN.”
- Another “IN THE NAME OF JESUS I COMMAND ANY DEMONS ANY SPIRITS OF AGITATION, DIVISION IN THIS HOME YOU MUST LEAVE.”
- “IN THE NAME OF JESUS I COMMAND ANY SPIRIT OF FEAR TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY.”
Our grandson went through a period of time every evening at the same time (2 amish) he would cry out and sob. This went on for a bit, till a friend said to me that he was being attacked by the spirit of fear. That I needed to go take charge and “take care of matters”. YIKES!
The next time it happened I marched down the hallway, opened his door, and prayed OUT LOUD that any spirit or demon in the room seeking to create fear must leave. And just like that Trey calmed and the room felt peaceful. Demons/Spirits are persistent and will try again. But my prayers over the room and Trey before he sleeps have put an end to their messing about in there.
Friends, the Christian life is tough when we are under attack. It is so important you recognize Satan has his sights set on your destruction. He waits (like a roaring lion) to see who he can devour.
Get your armor on before you leave your bed. Pray it on! Pretend to put each item on! As long as you don’t believe your being attacked he is most assuredly destroying you! Stop sitting in a bathtub of invisible piranhas!
-Getting out of the bathtub of invisible piranhas and putting on my armor with you!
Continue Reading Part Two of Recognizing Spiritual Attack
Michele Bruxvoort is sure to draw you in with her delightful sense of humor and love for living life. She enjoys reading, repurposing, as well as remodeling the family home with her husband. Drawing from her life experience as wife, mom, and follower of Jesus, Michele brings you a very honest and real perspective on life. When you don’t find her writing, you can find her mowing lawns, stocking shelves, taking care of her grandbaby and tackling her latest life adventure.
Wisconsin native and empty-nester, she now makes her home with her husband of 27 years in the South West Prairie plains of Minnesota.